As my time in Spain in coming to a close I reflect on my time here and at Akademy. I have learned that KDE is even more awesome and the community is more amazing then I ever thought (this was my first Akademy). I’ve done quite a few things during my time here, from coding (QML), riding a Paddle Board, to packaging and debugging. I’ve seen time and time again that the people who work in Open Source are some of the nicest people you can find anywhere.
Thanks are in order
- Thank you to the Ubuntu community for funding the trip to Akademy!
- Valentin Rusu – for giving me ride to and from the venue, city center and where ever I needed to go when he was available
- Ovidiu and his brother – for the awesome company during the entire event
- Jonathan for helping me start packaging and getting my yellow ninja belt also for the also Friday Paddle Boarding
- The VDG guys (Jens and Andrew) for their help with finding a place in the group
- I’d also like to thank everyone for letting us interview them for the Kubuntu Podcast!